Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I've been thinking a lot about possessions

especially when you make a big move and have to downsize...........
I've never bought showroom furniture or been much of a matchy...matchy accessory buyer.
Each of my pieces have been found, gathered, given to me and have a story...a memory behind it.

Is it weird to morn these items...like an old friend?

When people say...you can just find new things...I cringe.
I don't want to just go out ...and replace new for old
It takes time...and I'm sure in time, I'll create a place of comfort for my soul, once again.

peace and love and creativity to you on this beautiful day.
kelly




1 comment:

  1. Moving to Maui.. that is a big one... I do know how you feel. I have moved from Alaska to Washington. Big Big Garage Sale. I kept little sentimental things. I have a ceramic terra cotta pig someone hand sculpted I bought at a garage sale in Fairbanks in 1989 when I first moved up to marry my honey..... well... I still have that little guy and he is what I packed first! What made the move hard is we also have a daughter and son... shrinking all that was pretty miraculous. We managed to fit vitals on a conex with hubbys toyota truck at the tail. It was a squeeze.. and then shipped to Port of Tacoma. Now 8 years later I have more treasures and more stories. I'm with you though... not a dept store furniture store person... but with tag sales and talking with people there I collected a 150 yr old gaming table used for dining now, 200 yr old pump organ, shelves, tables, desks that have stories I now relate... and on a not so big budget!

    Best Wishes! Enjoy the beaches! Try new food! Find a new cafe where the locals meet!
    Enjoy♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete