Monday, June 27, 2011

Thought for Today

Yardsales...thrifting...or estate sales?
Where do you have the most luck finding your supplies?

This is random...but I saw the most beautiful shoes ...on etsy. Handmade wooden clog
heels with ornate leather. So stylish..........expensive...but cool!
I told my girls...soon to be freshman in college...and soon to be freshman in highschool
I WANT those shoes.............!
mind you.....
I don't wear high heels ...I'm strictly a flats, flip flops and boots...kind of girl.
anyways...we went thrifting the other day and low and behold....................
I found these
now, these are not those beautiful...artistic mexican ones, but a nice knock off...I had to have them.
I don't know if I'll ever wear them...you see I'm 42, pretty laid back and these might rock my world
But...they just inspire me...so even if, I just look at them...for awhile, it's fine by me.
kelly

3 comments:

  1. Those are great shoes! I'd be tempted to forgo my flip flops (or usual Birkenstocks) to where those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ... come on girl ... You HAVE to wear them at least once ♥ out to lunch with the girls or something!!!! I remember having a pair like that in high school. I am a couple of years ahead of you.. I grad in 84.... so had all those awesome 80s styles but still in the tail of the 70s so had the really hip faves of that time.

    ... and as far as treasure finding.. the senior center here has a little second hand store .. I find the best old sewing notions/fabric and lots of lace and doilies... its my secret spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely relate! 90% of my time is spent in flip flops, 10% in flats and I wore boots for 8 years on the job. I hate wearing heels, but they look so elegant.
    I prefer thrifting, flea markets, and Ebay. Estate and yard sales are too personal for me because the sellers are usually stressed out- either moving or a death in the family and they usually have some connection to their items.

    ReplyDelete